2. What information we collect about you
3. How we use your data
4. Where we store your data
5. How we protect your data
6. How long do we hold your data
7. Sharing your data
8. Your rights in relation to the use of your data
9. Questions or comments concerning your data
10. Your acceptance of these terms
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our website or a third-party site to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the website more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access our website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser
• To enable certain functions of our website
• We use both session and persistent cookies on our website and we use different types of cookies to run the site
• Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
• For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
• For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
• For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
• For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
• For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you become part of the Absolute World Group, either as a Member, Owner or Guest, you will be required to register your details with us. At this point we collect personal information about you. This information can identify you and includes details such as your name, postal address and email address.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your data to:
• Ensure you have full access to our booking sites so we can provide you with valuable information about your holidays with us;
• We use your data to ensure our best service to you under our contractual relationship, be it Membership Applications & Purchase Agreements, Project Documentation, Rental Agreements, Booking Services, etc;
• It also provides us with the opportunity to contact you with relevant offers and news relating to our resort collection and to inform you of commercial, financial or complementary services relating to your contract;
• We use your data to provide you with efficient customer care and to improve our customer service by responding to your requests more quickly and efficiently;
• We may use your information to better understand how our collective customers use our website;
• We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services;
• Only within the purposes mentioned above, we may transfer your data between our worldwide locations, and between our business partners located in the following countries and territories: Hong Kong SAR, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, Turkey, the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan, United Arab Emirates, the European Union, the United Kingdom and the USA.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
We use encryption software to transfer your details safely and securely. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure database, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (but not limited to):
• Encrypting data; and
• Carrying out regular back-ups.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We use extensive security measures to ensure that your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data is safe from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or deletion. Any data exchange between you and our site happens over an SSL-secured channel, which is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA
We will keep your data as long as your contractual relationship with us is in force. Once our relationship is over, we will keep your data for a statutory period of 10 years, to comply with the prevention of money laudering legistation.
SHARING YOUR DATA
In certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
We will only communicate your data in the following cases:
• To public authorities, and courts in accordance with our legal obligations.
• To service providers providing data processing treatements.
• Within the Absolute World Group of companies and business partners as detailled above.
• To third-party service providers only to help us operate our business and our sites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE USE OF YOUR DATA
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
• The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
• The right to request access to your information to be sure we’re using it legally;
• The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is made accurate;
• The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
• The right to restrict the use of your information;
• The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
• The right to refuse certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
• The right to opt out of a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address below:
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR DATA
Absolute World Developments Limited, directly and through its branch in Spain, is the data controller responsible for the use and treatment of your personal data; and the Data Protection Officer is the person who you can access if you need thorugh the following email address:
• By email: email@example.com
• By post:
Absolute World Developments Limited (Spain),
Avenida Encarnación 13,
Edificio Las Palmeras bloque 1,
esc. 1 piso 5C,
Absolute World Developments Limited,
Data Protection services,
Room 616, Block C,
DB Plaza, Discovery Bay,
Hong Kong SAR, China.
If you are resident in the EU, you can also contact the Agencia Española de Proteccion de Datos (the Spanish Data Protection Agency), by letter to the following address: C/ Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, Spain, or thorugh its website www.agpd.es.
If you have any questions or comments at all about this Policy in general, please email our Data Protection Officer at:
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website after changes of policy will be regarded as acceptance to the changes.
We keep our Policy under regular review. We may amend and update this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy regularly to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply when you access our website.
Where we have made any changes to this Policy affecting the manner in which we use your personal data, such changes will be communicated, where appropriate, through email.
This Policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.
© 2018 ABSOLUTE WORLD DEVELOPMENTS LTD